I have been studying fitness and nutrition for - well - pretty much my whole adult life. I admit it; I was looking for an easy way to be thin. I have come to the conclusion that there is no easy way to do that. (I can almost hear you yelling "Boo" from here.) There are, however, easy ways to kick off a new weight loss program.
Easy Weight Loss Technique Number One
Drink water. Water flushes toxins out of your body. Drinking plenty of water also helps people feel full faster. Get a water bottle that fits your hand comfortably. I personally recommend a sixteen ounce water bottle.
- Get four rubber bands that fit around the bottle.
- Each time you finish drinking a bottle of water - remove one rubber band or move it up to the neck of the bottle.
- When your rubber bands are all gone (or moved) you will know you have consumed the minimum recommended amount of drinking water.
- The next day - just put your rubber bands back on.
Plan ahead. Planning ahead is easier than not planning ahead when it comes to weight loss. Here is why. We know we are going to be hungry - and busy. The easiest thing to do when faced with growling hunger and a crazy schedule is grab the quickest thing you can find.
- If you're trying to lose weight ask yourself which is better fit for your goal - a fast food sandwich and a large order of French fries or a turkey sandwich on wheat bread and a snack bag filled with carrots?
- It is easiest to plan ahead.
- Buy the foods that fit your personal diet plan.
- Have the food prepared and packed before it is time to run out of the door.
- The easiest thing to do if you do not plan ahead is going to be to drive through the closest fast food place or grab a candy bar and that sabotages your own weight loss plan.
Easy Weight Loss Technique Number Three
Choose activities you enjoy. Enjoy is your key word here. You can decide how hard you are willing to exercise when you start. I suggest taking the view that you know yourself better than anyone else. If you start out at high intensity and then give up - then you will not end up succeeding in your weight loss plan. If you start off easy with an activity you enjoy - whether five minute increments or hour-long blocks of time - you are going to be more likely to stay with it.
- Make twenty minutes total - of exercise time - your minimum goal.
- Don't worry if you can only make it for five minutes at a time dancing to the radio in your kitchen. It is still five minutes of exercise you would not get if you are overwhelmed at the gym or the track.
Look for ways to make your fitness plan work for you, and feel free to share your experience, ask questions, or find inspiration in the comments and stories here on Fat & Cranky. Oh, and Good luck with reaching your goals - you CAN do it!