Since my most recently published Everyday Health article is about the benefits of using soy to relieve the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, I decided to share one of my favorite recipes that include soy, a savory tofu Stir Fry. I use frozen vegetables to cut the prep time.
What You'll Need:
- 12 ounces firm tofu, diced
- 12 ounces broccoli pieces
- 12 ounces carrot slices
- 3 or 4 ounces water chestnut slices or almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- A wok or large skillet
- Coat the inside of the wok with olive oil and place it over medium-high heat.
- Toss the broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and finally the tofu bits in the hot wok.
- Stir the ingredients gently for just about five minutes.
- Sprinkle the sugar and corn starch on top of the partially cooked veggies and tofu.
- Pour the soy sauce on top of the sugar and stir for about three more minutes ot until the vegetables reach the desired level of tenderness and the sauce thickens just a bit.
- Eat the stir fry by itself or serve over rice or ramen noodles.